100-hours Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Course
Upcoming Teacher Training Course
|29 October 2020 – 08 December 2020
||(Tue & Thur Evening)
Andiappan Yoga Self Practice Classes (Optional)
||4:30 pm – 6.30 pm
||7:00 am – 9:00 am
||7:00 am – 9:00 am
||7:00 am – 9:00 am
||4:30 – 6:30 pm
||3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
All Prenatal Yoga TTC students can attend up to 12 Andiappan Yoga classes as part of the teacher training learning. There are also exclusive Andiappan Yoga classes conducted for ongoing YTTC students where they get to interact with the teachers and ask questions from the syllabus about their practice and improve on their limitations.
This class will equip students with the knowledge to develop a sequence for self-practice which they can do at home or while traveling. The ability to put together a sequence to meet one’s goals while taking into consideration one’s limitations will be very important when one start to teach.
Please note classes and schedule may change without prior notice.
Who we are
Anahata Yoga is a premier yoga center based in the heart of the Central district. It is best known for offering the most authentic yoga experience available in Hong Kong, with classes led by Indian instructors hailing from different lineages devoted to the practice and study of yoga.
As a center, Anahata Yoga is fully committed to fostering a community of yoga practitioners who are not only equipped with the skills to perform yoga as a daily activity, but as well as the knowledge to live out yoga as a lifestyle.
About the course
Anahata Yoga’s Accredited 100 hours Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Course (RPYT) is a comprehensive prenatal yoga certification programme designed to equip aspiring yoga instructors with a strong foundational knowledge of physiology and anatomy in pregnancy. Students of the course will learn to support women in every stage of pregnancy, through delivery, and even into the early days of motherhood.
The 100 hours Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Course is a specialised programme for yoga practitioners aspiring to teach yoga to pregnant women. Students are taught how various yogic practices are adapted and modified during various stages of pregnancy and early motherhood. Highly qualified and experienced instructors will teach the physical and mental changes that occur normally in a pregnant body, and how yoga can help promote a smooth pregnancy.
At the end of this course, students will be able to deliver specific pre- and post-natal classes for pregnant women.
The course is best suited
- Regular Yoga practitioners to deepen your yoga knowledge
- Yoga instructors
- Fitness trainers
- Antenatal trainers
- Massage Therapist
- Even If you’re pregnant and looking for ways to relax or stay fit, you may consider joining our prenatal yoga program.
What to expect:
- Practical tools for teaching a safe and comprehensive prenatal yoga class.
- A thorough understanding of yoga and its application in various pregnancy-related physical and mental conditions.
- Learn how to tailor make a sequence for various stages of pregnancy and how to adapt the poses for each individual as per the daily needs and limits.
- Practice the poses with a dummy pregnant belly to experience the real challenges of the pregnant women during the class.
Study materials (provided):
- Prenatal Yoga sequence Poster
- Prenatal Yoga Practice Manual
We recognize that yoga is a popular pursuit in Hong Kong. People seek it out for its health benefits and often incorporate it into their active lifestyles. However, yoga instruction is not equal among the various yoga centers in Hong Kong. This is where our accredited Teacher Training Courses make all the difference.
Our courses are accredited by, and offered in conjunction with, Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre in India. This is the first time outside of India that such a programme is being offered.
Our classes are designed and taught in the same way as our instructors are taught. Predominantly from India, our instructors are fully learned not only in the practice of their discipline, but also in the history and philosophy behind the practice. The resulting combination of grassroots knowledge both practical and theoretical in our programmes give students more in-depth learning than they may able to find elsewhere in Hong Kong.
Yoga Alliance Accredited Organisation, International Yoga Academy is a registered Prenatal Yoga school with Yoga Alliance and Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre, Chennai, India (www.andiappanyoga.com).
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training courses around the globe. Upon completion of this course, students can apply for RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) with yoga alliance by fulfilling the requirements of Yoga Alliance registration standards. We offer assistance to students interested in applying for a Yoga Alliance Registration after completing a teacher training course.
About Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre – Chennai, South India is known throughout the world for its contribution to Yogic Science. Founded by Guruji Dr. Asana Andiappan in 1950, it is meticulously run by Dr. Asana Andiappan and Trust Members, all of whom have over 50 years of experience in Yogasanas and Naturopathy. It is the only yoga college and research centre recognized by the government as well as two universities in India.
Located in Chennai, South India, the centre runs various yoga programmes as well as free awareness camps that are aided and supported by various government and private organisations. It has been collabourating with various medical universities, hospitals and organisations that run research programmes on yoga and its therapeutic benefits. The centre is also home to the widely read Asana International Yoga Journal(www.asanajournal.com) , which has a readership of 200,000 and growing, in India and around the world.
Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre also has accredited franchisee centres in over 30 countries that run yoga programmes, and teacher training courses.
The Teacher Training will be held at 18/F, Anahata Yoga, One Lyndhurst Tower, No. 1 Lyndhurst Terrace, Hong Kong.
To be eligible to enroll in this course, a minimum of three months regular practice is required. However, if you are new to yoga, you can choose a teacher training program starting in three months from now and start to attend the classes regularly and prepare for this teacher training.
1. Students interested in enrolling in the Teacher Training Certificate Course may do so by filling up the Online Application Form and by accepting the course terms and conditions.
2. Applications will then be assessed by our Programme Directors. Successful applicants will be informed of their admission within two working days of their application.
3. Students can choose to confirm their admission by making secure online payment or may call or visit our studio and speak to one of our membership consultants or faculty members for any questions or concerns that they may have about the course.
4. Your admission is only confirmed when the course fee is fully paid. If for any unavoidable circumstances if you would like to change to the next available course dates you can do so within 7 days from the course fee payment.
5. We strongly advise students to prepare for the course by reading the suggested reading materials. Students may also begin using their group class sessions as part of their physical, mental, and spiritual warm-up and preparation.